Police have appealed for anyone who was at the Quobba blow holes campsite where Cleo Smith was last seen to come forward urgently, as the search for the missing four-year-old girl continues.
Inspector Jon Munday, Assistant District Officer for the Mid West-Gascoyne region, said more investigators had arrived from Perth on Monday, along with extra forensic support, and they would leave no stone unturned in the efforts to find Cleo.
Cleo Smith (left), pictured with her baby sister, went missing from the family’s tent overnight at a popular campsite near Carnarvon.Credit:Facebook
“We are continuing to focus on identifying any leads, we have our best investigators on this, we have the best searchers on this through our SES and other volunteers,” Inspector Munday said.
Police will continue to search the shacks at the campsite where Cleo’s family were staying, while ADF personnel were using drones as they scoured the remote and rugged area.
Inspector Munday stressed police were interested in speaking to anyone who had been at the campsite from Friday to Sunday, and anybody who had passed through the area or nearby at all.
“We really need to hear from you, we need to speak to you,” he said.
“And if anybody has any dashcam footage or anything, it’s really, really, really important.”
Inspector Munday said he couldn’t comment on the specifics of the investigation, but reassured the public the best people were on the case. A picture of the sleeping bag also missing from the site has been released to the public.
Police vow to leave ‘no stone unturned’ as search continues for missing Cleo Smith
Source: Philippines Alive